10 most amazing movable bridges in the world, yes movable – #7 & #10 will make you think science is pure witchcraft (With Pics)
Movable bridges in the world: A movable bridge is a bridge that has dynamic moving parts used to change the form of the bridge, usually to allow passage for boats. There are many types of movable bridges, and they differ in the way they transform. The most popular types would be a drawbridge or a bascule bridge (tail bridge), but you can also find a retractable bridge, a swing bridge, a tilt bridge, a vertical-lift bridge, a transporter bridge and several other types
- How Naira went from N525/$1 to N400/$1 in 3 days – You will love Yemi Osinbajo after reading this
- 8 lies women tell you after s*x.. – If she says #4…. Just forget about her!
- Full Video: Bally and TBoss insult themselves, almost fight in #BBNaija house last night
- The 20 most convincing photos of ghosts ever taken – #9 will give you the creeps (See Photos)
1. Tower Bridge, London, England
Built from 1886 till 1894, this symbol of London is a combined bascule and suspension bridge in London, over the River Thames. It is close to the Tower of London, from which it takes its name. Tower Bridge is one of the most famous bridges in the world and the most famous movable bridge. The lower deck which is the bascule deck can open to an angle of 86 degrees in just 5 minutes. The two parts of the deck are counterbalanced by two bascules weighing over 1,000 tons each