Brazilian football legend, Pele’s son, Edson “Edinho” Cholbi do Nascimento, on Friday turned himself in to begin serving a 13-year prison sentence handed down by a court in Brazil.
Edinho was earlier convicted for money laundering and drug trafficking.
Pele’s son, himself a former footballer who briefly played for his father’s former club Santos, had so far avoided serving time while his case underwent a lengthy appeals process.
On Thursday, a judge reaffirmed Edinho’s conviction but reduced his original 2014 sentence from 33 years to 12 years and 10 months, and ordered him to begin serving time.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways
- TTT’s wife and kids pack out of their matrimonial home as trouble looms in their marriage
- 7 Nigerian billionaires that didn’t go to school – #5 was expelled from the University in his second year (With Pics)
- The crazy lifestyle of kids from billionaire parents in Nigeria – #5 is a show off (With Photos)
- The top 10 worst booty shots EVER! – This will leave you in stitches (With Photos)
- 15 times Katy Perry showed more than she should have – Don’t open if you’re fasting (With Pictures)
- 10 of the youngest children sentenced to death – #1 will leave you in a big shock! (With Pictures)
- Top 10 longest bridges in the world – You won’t believe where Lagos 3rd Mainland Bridge is (With Pictures)