2face cancels: Report just reaching us, indicates that the planned nationwide march to protest against the government scheduled for Monday, February 6, in Lagos and Abuja has been cancelled. 2face, who was seen as the ‘poster boy’ of the protest, shared a video on his Instagram handle, on Saturday, February 4, where he announced the cancellation of the planned protest due to security concerns and public safety consideration.
According to the singer the protest is under serious threat of hijack by interests not aligned with the ideals of the march.
Recall that 2baba lent his voice to the Enough is Enough group which packaged the protest and several other celebrities had vowed to be present at different venues.
There had been plans by the police in Lagos state to stop the peaceful march against the President Muhammadu Buhari-led government, but a truce was reached on Friday, February 3, and the security operatives will now serve as back up for the people.
The federal government had also insisted that it was not against the protest as citizens have a right to association.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
- #BBNaija: Gifty’s real boyfriend releases intimate video of he and Gifty in bed out of anger (Watch)
- 30 popular slangs used by Nigerian University students – Don’t open this if you’re not ready to laugh
- 15 most expensive hotel rooms in Nigeria – #1’s daily accommodation fee can feed you for a year
- 10 Nollywood celebrity marriages that have lasted more than 15years – You wont believe #8 is even married (With Pics)
- 20 Hollywood movie tricks that look so real- You wont believe your eyes when you see them (With Pictures)
- Top 10 African countries that have the strongest juju and witchcraft – #1 will surprise you big time!
- List of celebrities that will be with 2Face on the street to protest – #1 will bring a lot of crowd! (See Photos)