Students of the Federal University Of Technology, Owerri (FUTO) took to the streets to protest over exorbitant school fees levied on them by the school management.
Below is the fees schedule for 2015/2016 academic session and 2016/2017 academic session:
FUTO School fees schedule for 2015/2016 Academic Session…FUTO Year one (100L) School fees
Geology = (School fees) N50,800 + N40,000 (Acceptance Fees)
Other Departments = (School fees) N48,300+ N40,000 (Acceptance fees)
FUTO Year two & three (200l-300l) School fees
Geology = #35,800
Other Departments = #33,300
FUTO Year IV & V(400l-500l) School fees
Geology = #30,800
Other Departments = #28,300
FUTO School fees schedule for 2016/2017 Academic Session…
We got information that Fresh (100 Level) Students still pay an additional acceptance fee of NGN 42,500 making a total of NGN 124,000.
Students still have to pay huge amounts for accommodation and course registration. A student claimed that fresh students pay more than NGN 20,000 for various course registration apart from school fees and acceptance fees.
There was heavy police presence on campus to ensure that the students do not vandalize the school property or create any havoc during the protest.
Students decided to go on a protest when the school management gave them an ultimatum to pay up today or pay a fine of additional NGN 10,000.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways
- Mr 2Kay opens up about his relationship with #BBNaija’s Gifty – See what he said about her
- Full Video: Bisola and TTT have sex in #BBNaija house last night
- 10 fascinating facts about The White House America don’t want the world to know – #8 will stun you (With Pics)
- 5 things you need to know about Tonto’s husband, Churchill – #5 might be the cause of their problems
- 7 steps to the happiest relationship you can have – #4 is all you need right now
- Banky W reacts after BBNaija housemate, Gifty claims she doesn’t know him
- Tonto Dikeh’s life in a post: This is when everything was rosy for her & where she is now (With Photos)