I’ll run for 2019 presidential election If… – Bola Tinubu opens up, talks on APC, Buhari’s health
Bola Tinubu opens up: While speaking on the sidelines of last weekend’s swearing-in of Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, in Akure, the All Progressives Congress (APC) national leader, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, revealed that he could contest for a political office in the near future including the Presidency whenever the right opportunity presents itself.
- How Naira went from N525/$1 to N400/$1 in 3 days – You will love Yemi Osinbajo after reading this
- 8 lies women tell you after s*x.. – If she says #4…. Just forget about her!
- Full Video: Bally and TBoss insult themselves, almost fight in #BBNaija house last night
- The 20 most convincing photos of ghosts ever taken – #9 will give you the creeps (See Photos)
The former Lagos state governor who also chastised public criticisms of the management of the health condition of President Muhammadu Buhari, urged Nigerians to put aside disbelief and pray for the continued good health of the president.
According to Vanguard, Tinubu, who witnessed the inauguration of his onetime protégée, who he ironically fell out with last year, also dismissed insinuations of squabbling in the leadership of the APC.
When asked by reporters at the inauguration ground the possibility of seeking political office, including the Presidency, he said: “You see, there is nothing wrong with such ambition. It depends on the timing and the environment and what political leadership dictates.
‘’I will not brush aside such an aspiration….Maybe as a senator, maybe as a president, you cannot rule it out. How can I rule such a thing out? The opportunity to serve my country. But you only do that when there is vacancy.”
He alluded to President Buhari’s several attempts at the presidency before finally winning elections into that office in 2015. “It has been historical, even, that Buhari tried first, second, third, and fourth before he got it. Resilience, determination, and clarity of purpose,” he said.
Speaking on the health condition of the President, Tinubu said Buhari had been very honest in disclosing that he needed medical attention. “An honest man disclosed to you that he is going on leave, he is going to have medical check-up, he has disclosed that he needed more time.
‘’He has told us honestly that he needed medical attention. What his doctors will discuss after that is subject to experts, which should not be discussed until he is ready to disclose it. He told us that he cannot return now, what else do you want him to do?,” he said.
Tinubu advised Nigerians to pray for the President, insisting that President Buhari was alive and healthy. “Only God gives life, and only God can take it. The man that I have seen is well, alive. We should promote welfare, praying for the well being of our leaders,” he said.
He also spoke about the ruling APC, saying there was no rift whatsoever among its leaders, and accused the media of concocting stories to suggest the contrary.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways
- Full Video: Bally sucks Ese’s breast #BBNaija
- 10 celebrity lookalikes that proves time travel really exists – You will think #6 & #8 were ‘photoshopped’ (With Pics)
- The 20 most corrupt Nigerians dead or alive – The amount of money #1 stole can feed all Nigerians
- 13 countries with the most powerful militaries in the world – #5 will definitely stun you
- Full Video: The Big Brother Shower hour everyone has been looking for.. (#BBNaija)
- 5 places girls want you to touch in their body that’ll blow their mind – (These are her weak points)
- The 13 most feared criminals in the world right now – #3 is Nigerian and this will make you shiver (With Pictures)