PDP chairman: Former President Goodluck Jonathan has denied reports that he endorsed Ali Modu Sheriff as the National Chairman of PDP. Sheriff paid the former president a visit two days ago, causing speculations that the former president is in support of Sheriff’s leadership. Some media houses even reported that Jonathan had openly declared his support for the leadership of Sheriff. However in a swift reaction, Jonathan yesterday issued a statement denying this claim.
- Checkout Nigerian police ranks and salaries – You wont believe the amount they take home monthly (With Pics)
- 12 things a girl does when she likes you already – If you notice #10, you got her bro!
- Before you start judging TTT, look at what his wife just wrote about him..
- Nigerian celebrities who don’t know how to dress at all – #2 is hopeless – (With Photos)
The statement signed by his media adviser, Ikechukwu Eze reads
“The issue of endorsement never came up in the course of the visit, not at the closed door session with Sheriff nor during the former President’s interview with newsmen”. According to Eze, Jonathan never referred to Sheriff as the party’s chairman during the visit but only addressed Sheriff as “my chairman” The statement reads in part “Indeed, it may interest you to know that after meeting with Sheriff, the former President also met with Senator Ahmed Makarfi, leader of the PDP Caretaker Committee, and the party’s Board of Trustees chairman, Senator Walid Jubril, later in the evening. I wish to let those spinning this falsehood know that it just doesn’t add up to fly a contrived banner of endorsement in one breath, and in another, concede that the former President explained his commitment in meeting with different interest groups, towards resolving the differences in the party. For the avoidance of doubt, the following are the former President’s exact words during the interview with newsmen, as had accurately been reported by most online and major national newspapers, as well as broadcast organisations”. The statement quoted Jonathan’s words after meeting with Sheriff “We (PDP) are not factionalised. We are one. We are solving our problems. There are bound to be differences in politics. It is the way we resolve these differences that make us human beings and that is what makes us leaders. I have met with Sheriff. And I have met with others. I will still meet with others, so that we will be able to do what is expected of us as a political party”.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways
- 5 things you should do immediately you feel your lover is slipping away – #5 is the key
- 10 things you should never, ever search on Google – Read this to avoid being traced (With Photos)
- Man cuts his wife’s body into pieces in Lagos (Graphic Photos)
- 15 most beautiful Actresses in the world – You won’t believe who #1 is (With Pictures)
- #BBNaija: See what TTT’s wife did after he had s*x with Bisola and collected “headies from her”
- 15 shortest Hollywood celebrity marriages ever – #1 lasted for only 55 hours (With Pictures)
- 10 Nollywood celebrity marriages that have lasted more than 15years – You wont believe #8 is even married (With Pics)