Zlatan Ibrahimovic was forced to leave Barcelona after just one season, because of “friction” between him and Lionel Messi.
This was revealed by the club’s former director, Marc Ingla.
Ibrahimovic joined Barca in 2009 and scored 21 goals in the only season he played at the Camp Nou. He was initially allowed to leave on loan to AC Milan, before he sealed a move away.
“Why did Zlatan not get on at Barcelona?” Ingla said in an interview with Telefoot.
“He’s a beast, a machine. But he was next to another machine, a smaller one [laughs].
“He was too static and Messi perhaps needed more space. Zlatan occupied too much. There was a little friction, I think.”
Although Ibrahimovic has always spoken about his admiration for Messi after that time, he is less complimentary about Pep Guardiola, who was Barcelona’s coach at the time.
“Guardiola is a fantastic coach. But as a human? He is a coward. He is no man,” Ibrahimovic told Der Spiegel in 2013.
“I told him that if I don’t fit here, you have to please tell me that. But all I got was sweet talk: ‘Ibra you are a super player, you do everything right.’ But I still ended up on the bench.”
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways
- REVEALED: What you didn’t know about Uganda’s former President, Idi Amin – Many think he’s Nigerian (With Pics)
- 10 romantic and pocket friendly things you can get your girlfriend this Val – #3 will make her love you more
- Full Video: Bally plays with Gifty’s vag*na last night in #BBNaija show
- 15 Nigerian billionaires that own private Jets -Number 3 has up to five Aircrafts (With Pictures)
- 21 World famous celebrities you never knew were Nigerians – This will shock you! (With Pictures)
- 25 signs your boyfriend really loves you even if he doesn’t say it out loud!
- Nigerian celebs and the breathtaking houses they live in – Genevieve’s crib is crazy! (With Photos)