Fake BVN text messages: EFCC today secured the conviction and sentences of the duo of Innocent Uche Clinton and Emmanuel Okanni before Justice Sa’ad Muhammad of the Gombe State High Court on two count charge bordering on conspiracy and theft. .
The convicts who were sentenced to six months imprisonment, hails from Orlu Ngaba Local Government Area of Imo State.
They specialize in scamming unsuspecting members of the public by sending text messages claiming to be from customer care of different Banks and telling the recipients that their transaction accounts were closed due to BVN issues and asked that they disclose their BVN in order to rectify the problem, thereby defrauding them.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways
- See the hilarious Whatsapp chat between Thin Tall Tony & his wife after he got evicted on BBNaija
- 10 world’s richest people of all time – Bill Gates is not even on the list & #7 is an African (With Pics)
- Meet the richest kids of all time who attended UNILAG – These guys spend like there’s no recession (With Photos)
- 15 horrible facts Dubai does not want the world to know about – This will leave you in utter shock (With Pics)
- A-List Nigerian celebrities who married richer men – #5, #2 and #1 are regretting now (With Photos)
- 15 Nigerian billionaires that own private Jets -Number 3 has up to five Aircrafts (With Pictures)
- The history of Big Brother – How it started and all the winners that have emerged over the years (#BBNaija)