Nollywood actor Prince James Uche has died after battling diabetes and kidney disease for several years. According to the #SavePrinceJamesUche campaign, the 55-year-old actor died Wednesday afternoon while being taken to a private hospital in Festac, Lagos, for dialysis. He was said to have been unconscious for the past five days and was scheduled to travel to India on Saturday for surgery.
“We regret to be the bearers of this sad news, but our colleague, father, husband [Prince James Uche) passed on [Wednesday] from complications following diabetes, blindness, BP, kidney,” said the statement signed by Chioma Okoye, Rita Edochie, Emeka Ojukwu and Ejiro Okurame.
“He has been experiencing fever, strange blood infection, and strange blisters on his legs for the past three days after he secured his Visa before he passed on today Wednesday March 8th in the Ambulance on his way for Dialysis at 2:15pm.
“He was meant to travel this Saturday March 11th to India for his surgery.
“We sincerely want to thank everyone who donated to save this great man…we shall keep you all posted.”
Prince James Uche is survived by his wife and three children.
Uche was a former vice president of the Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN).
He had been in and out of hospitals for the past few years as a result of a kidney-related ailment.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways
- 7 Photos of Omotola’s second daughter, Meraiah that proves that she will be hotter than her mom
- Checkout Nigerian police ranks and salaries – You wont believe the amount they take home monthly (With Pics)
- All you need to know about Banana Island – Nigeria’s most expensive neighbourhood with 24/7 electricity supply
- 7 celebs Davido helped to become famous – #6 is forever grateful (With Photos)
- 10 of the youngest children sentenced to death – #1 will leave you in a big shock! (With Pictures)
- 14 Nigerian celebs who are allegedly gays and lesbians – #5 was caught (With Photos)
- 10 world’s richest people of all time – Bill Gates is not even on the list & #7 is an African (With Pics)