Ronaldo’s statue: Football fans have been questioning the resemblance of a statue of Cristiano Ronaldo unveiled on the Portuguese island of Madeira.
Many on social media say the work looks more like former Republic of Ireland captain Niall Quinn than Ronaldo.
The statue was revealed at a ceremony to name the island’s airport after him.
Portugal’s president and the prime minister flew to the island to unveil the tribute to the player outside the terminal entrance.
President Rebelo de Sousa said Ronaldo “projects Madeira and Portugal across the world far more than anybody else”.
The 32-year-old is a local hero in Madeira, where he is seen as a rags-to-riches success. He already has a museum about him in his hometown of Funchal.
The player later said on Twitter: “Happy and honored to have my name given to the Madeira airport!”
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways
- Meet 10 silent Billionaires in Nigeria – These men control Nigeria’s economy (With Pictures)
- Top 8 Most stylish Kings in Nigeria – 2 of them use the most expensive Rolls Royce cars (With Photos)
- 5 Nigerian celebrities who secretly got married – #3 was even pregnant and no one knew (With Pics)
- 6 things you need to do now if you want to be a millionaire before 40 – #3 is very IMPORTANT
- 15 horrible facts Dubai does not want the world to know about – This will leave you in utter shock (With Pics)
- 12 things a girl does when she likes you already – If you notice #10, you got her bro!
- Meet the richest kids of all time who attended UNILAG – These guys spend like there’s no recession (With Photos)