Former Super Eagles boss Daniel Amokachi has expressed his support for Nigerian players moving to China, despite fears about the quality of the league.
In the last few weeks, several Nigerian players have embraced the idea of moving to the Far East to play in the Chinese Super League with mouth watering deals. There have been speculations of the after effect of this development on the quality of the national team but it appears former assistant coach of the Super Eagles, Daniel Amokachi thinks otherwise.
He told BBC Sport: “We play football because we want to make a living,
“We don’t have that platform whereby everything has already been set for us from the day we were born – like Europeans. We don’t live on welfare.”
“Mikel played for a top team in Europe and won practically everything that he needs to win as a footballer,”
“What’s left for him is to make a lot of zeros to secure his future and that of his kids and family back home.”
Amokachi fondly known as ‘The Bull’ during his playing days was one of the best players to wear the green and white colours. After his retirement, he chose another career path in management and has since then been managing several football clubs and a couple of national team sides.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways
- 3 times TBoss showed that she is very crazy in the BBNaija House – Babe can take on anyone (Pics & Video)
- 10 facts about Timaya you never knew – #10 is a dark past that almost destroyed him
- 10 people who survived their execution – You will be shocked to see how they survived (+Photos)
- 21 World famous celebrities you never knew were Nigerians – This will shock you! (With Pictures)
- 10 world’s richest people of all time – Bill Gates is not even on the list & #7 is an African (With Pics)
- 10 popular Hollywood movies where actors had real s*x – You need to see this (With Pictures)
- The 13 most feared criminals in the world right now – #3 is Nigerian and this will make you shiver (With Pictures)