Jumia delivery man: More details surrounding the death of a JUMIA delivery man has been uncovered hours after the story went viral. Recall that the e-commerce website’s delivery man was reported to have been murdered by customers who ordered an iPhone 7 but did not wish to pay for the expensive item.
- 10 young emerging male Billionaires to look out for in Nigeria – #10 owns one of the most visited sites in Africa
- 4 reasons you should not have sex before marriage – #4 is so very important!
- Rich Nigerian celebs and the houses they live in – Timaya’s house is sacred (With Photos)
- 5 popular unsolved assassinations that shook Nigeria – Everyone knows the killers of #5 but nothing can be done
The deceased, Mr. Chukwuma Eleje, whose photo along with those of his murderers surfaced online yesterday was reported to have been killed in a house on Ada George Road, Port Harcourt while delivering two iPhones.
The remains of the delivery man was reported to have been dumped in a septic tank in an attempt to cover up the crime which later blew up when residents alerted operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad.
The officials who swung into action immediately were reported to have made arrests on Monday.
Speaking on the case, the police spokesperson, DSP Nnamdi Omoni confirmed the incident adding that the suspects in the alleged murder case; Sodienye Mbatumukeke, Excel Naabe, and Joy Eluwa – Mbatumukeke’s girlfriend– have confessed to the crime upon their arrest.
The state’s police spokesperson said:
“Operatives of SARS, acting on credible intelligence on Monday, at about 3am arrested three suspects– two males and a female – identified as Sodienye Mbatumukeke, Excel Divine Naabe, and Joy Eluwa.
“These armed robbers ordered smartphones from a certain courier company in Rivers State. Then the company sent the phones through a dispatch rider. On getting there, the hoodlums beat up the dispatch rider and later shot him; he died inside their flat.
“After killing him, they threw his corpse into a septic tank. Our men, who were acting on credible intelligence, arrested the suspects and they showed us where they hid the corpse.”
However, the two male suspects in the murder case, Sodienye Mbatumukeke and Excel Naabe have been reported to have passed the blame of the murder on one another as Naabe who claimed to have been on a visit testified to seeing Mbatumukeke pushing the deceased into the septic tank.
“On my way to this place, I saw him (Mbatumukeke); he was packaging something like a black waste bin. He was saying I should just go inside and chill out. He said he would soon join me in the room.
“I overheard some neighbours asking him what he was doing close to the septic tank and he gave them an excuse. I went inside and saw bloodstains in the bathroom.
“When I queried him, he brought out a gun and pointed it at me, saying if I uttered a word about what I saw, he would kill all my family members.”
Mbatumukeke on his part said:
“He hit him with iron on the head and blood was gushing out. I was afraid; I was vibrating. I didn’t know what to do. God is my witness.”
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways
- Meet 10 silent Billionaires in Nigeria – These men control Nigeria’s economy (With Pictures)
- Top 8 Most stylish Kings in Nigeria – 2 of them use the most expensive Rolls Royce cars (With Photos)
- 5 Nigerian celebrities who secretly got married – #3 was even pregnant and no one knew (With Pics)
- 6 things you need to do now if you want to be a millionaire before 40 – #3 is very IMPORTANT
- 15 horrible facts Dubai does not want the world to know about – This will leave you in utter shock (With Pics)
- 12 things a girl does when she likes you already – If you notice #10, you got her bro!
- Meet the richest kids of all time who attended UNILAG – These guys spend like there’s no recession (With Photos)