Only one foreign airline has agreed to use the Kaduna Airport, as the Nigerian government officially announced the closure of the Abuja International Airport on Monday.
The Minister of State for Aviation, Hadi Sirika, told journalists that so far only Ethiopian Airlines has agreed to use the Kaduna airport as an alternative.
The government said the Abuja airport will be closed beginning from 12 a.m. Wednesday.
The closure will last for six weeks to allow a comprehensive maintenance of the airport runway.
The decision to close the only airport in the federal capital has been criticised by aviation experts, and several international airlines warned they will not operate the Kaduna route.
Mr. Sirika said observations made by acting President Yemi Osinbajo who was in Kaduna Airport on Friday had been “taken care of”.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways
- 3 times TBoss showed that she is very crazy in the BBNaija House – Babe can take on anyone (Pics & Video)
- 10 facts about Timaya you never knew – #10 is a dark past that almost destroyed him
- 10 people who survived their execution – You will be shocked to see how they survived (+Photos)
- 21 World famous celebrities you never knew were Nigerians – This will shock you! (With Pictures)
- 10 world’s richest people of all time – Bill Gates is not even on the list & #7 is an African (With Pics)
- 10 popular Hollywood movies where actors had real s*x – You need to see this (With Pictures)
- The 13 most feared criminals in the world right now – #3 is Nigerian and this will make you shiver (With Pictures)