Rostov match: Argentine defender, Marcos Rojo provided one of the major talking points of Manchester United’s Europa League tie with Rostov – by eating a banana on the pitch on Thursday night. Jose Mourinho ‘s side progressed to the quarter-finals of the competition with a 2-1 aggregate thanks to Juan Mata’s second half strike. Fans were left mystified when Ashley Young was seen handing Rojo a peeled banana for him to eat while on the field of play.
- BBNaija: Full Video of the fight between Bisola and TBoss today – See what caused it
- 20 shocking photos of celebs before and after drugs – #1 will knock you out
- 13 Nigerian celebs and their parents – You have always wanted to see #8 & #2 (With Photos)
- 12 photos of Iyabo Ojo’s daughter, Priscilla that proves she will grow into a very beautiful woman
Speaking afterwards, the manager admitted that the unusual sight was down to fatigue, a factor which is likely to play an increasing role between now and the end of the season.
Mourinho told BT Sport : “I was tired many times. I know about the body needing anything, and the player asked for a banana. The banana situation isn’t funny at all, we have to respect a player’s physical situation.
“It’s bad for us as all of the teams above us don’t have international football. They don’t know what fatigue is. We fight until the limits and that’s what we have to do.”
Mourinho elaborated afterwards: “We have lots of enemies. It is difficult. It is difficult to play Monday night with 10 men, it is difficult to play tonight, it is difficult to play Sunday 12 o’clock [against Middlesbrough].
“Some people will say we should play better, but the reality is that we have lots of things going against us. And we have to fight. The boys are amazing boys. Probably we lose the game on Sunday but we try our best.”
Watch the video below;
— #OdinakaGod (@iamOdino) March 17, 2017
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- The long list of hot women Drake has slept with – Don’t be shocked if your babe is on the list! (With Pics)
- A-List Nigerian celebrities who married richer men – #5, #2 and #1 are regretting now (With Photos)
- #BBNaija: Debie Rise, TTT, Efe and TBoss nominated for eviction – See what Marvis did to Debie.. Wow! (Video)
- Rare childhood photos of 27 Nigerian celebs you’ve never seen before – I bet you won’t stop laughing
- 12 International artistes who drew inspiration from Fela Kuti – #1 & #9 even sang in Yoruba Lang. (With Pics)
- 10 reasons why Apostle Suleman may not be guilty of all the sexual allegations – #6 will make you hate the alleged mistress
- 11 Nigerian celebs who can’t do without smoking weed – #5 & #8 smoke like a chimney during winter (With Pics)