In a bid to reach out to the lost in the society, Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi has celebrated his 53rd birthday at Enugu prison. Addressing the inmates, Governor Ugwuanyi said that he was at the prison to celebrate with them and see firsthand how his administration could help improve their welfare.
- The history of Big Brother – How it started and all the winners that have emerged over the years (#BBNaija)
- 15 Nigerian billionaires that own private Jets -Number 3 has up to five Aircrafts (With Pictures)
- Full Video: Bally “scores” Bisola after confessing love for her and showering together #BBNaija
- Ladies: See the 5 ways to effectively clean your v*gina after lovemaking to prevent diseases
“It is indeed cardinal responsibility of the government to cater for the wellbeing of everybody and every segment, group or class in the society. We have in this respect taken full notice of the sewage and allied challenges confronting this prison and have resolved to take necessary measures to address them adequately and satisfactorily,” said the governor who donated various items to the command.
He also informed the cheering inmates who held musical performances in his honour, that his administration had set aside sufficient funds and the necessary logistics to enable lawyers and other stakeholders to facilitate their release from jail.
He said it was towards this goal that the state’s executive council approved the release of N10m last week for the payment of honorarium to lawyers to be so engaged.
Mrs Ukwuori Ndukwe Kalu, the Comptroller of Enugu prison command, commended Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi for his decision to celebrate his 53rd birthday with inmates of the Enugu maximum prison.
She said the governor’s choice of the Enugu prison as venue for his birthday celebration was the first by any serving governor since the facility was established in 1937, noting that it was an indication of his humility and preparedness to serve both the rich and the society’s poor and downtrodden.
Thanking Governor Ugwuanyi for his support to the command, she said: “your prompt intervention during the Nsukka jailbreak incident in 2016, renovation and tiling of cells at Enugu Prison, granting of pardon to deserving inmates as well as the release of funds for the procurement of medical supplies to prison inmates and the installation of industrial fans in the cells at Enugu State prisons clearly demonstrate your humane leadership”.
According to Daily Post, the comptroller further explained that the state had been leading the crusade against having underaged children in prison and called on relevant authorities to stem the tide.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways
- The moment Thin Tall Tony cried when he got evicted from #BBNaija
- Top 10 Nollywood actresses with the sexiest tattoos – Tonto Dikeh’s own is massive!
- 15 footballers who have slept with the same girls
- A-List Nigerian celebrities who married richer men – #5, #2 and #1 are regretting now (With Photos)
- 15 Pre-Wedding photos that set the internet on fire – This will leave you rolling on the floor
- 21 World famous celebrities you never knew were Nigerians – This will shock you! (With Pictures)
- 6 Nigerian male celebrities who married older women – #3 is 10years younger than his wife [With Pictures]