Italian judge: A 46yr old sexual predator accused of raping a woman on a hospital bed walked free from justice as a judge acquitted him because his victim did not did not call out for help. Although she said ‘enough!’ to the former colleague accused of raping her, the court ruled that this constituted too weak a reaction to prove that she was sexually attacked. Judge Diamante Minucci said:
‘There was no crying, no screaming. You didn’t push him away. We have to ask why?’
The alleged victim’s lawyers argued that her silence represented her ‘painful situation’ rather than proof she had not been attacked.
The court ruling has sparked anger in Italy and justice minister Andrea Orlando has ordered an investigation. MP Annagrazia Calabria decried the ruling, saying:
‘Certainly, you cannot punish the personal reaction of a woman terrified by what is happening to her.’
For his part, the defendant does not deny contact with the woman but insists their association was consensual.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways
- Olamide responds perfectly to a fan who says he’s not a rapper but a fast singer – Fans react (See Tweets)
- 8 things you NEVER knew about Jenifa’s Diary Toyo Baby – #7 will make you LOVE her so deeply
- Top 10 most romantic Nigerian military weddings – #4 is picture perfect!
- BBNaija: Everyone is angry with Bally after he did this to Debie Rise – Even Biggie reacted
- 7 sets of men ladies chase for marriage – Every Nigerian girl can die for #2, #3 and #6
- 10 people who survived their execution – You will be shocked to see how they survived (+Photos)
- Nigerian female celebs that drive the most expensive cars – They’re the big ballers (With Photos)