Why I was kidnapped twice: Popular Nollywood actor, John Okafor, popularly known as Mr Ibu, has disclosed why he was kidnapped on two occasions.
Mr Ibu said he had been kidnapped more than once, noting that he became a regular customer of kidnappers.
The comic actor said he was abducted twice because the kidnappers thought he was rich, adding that he would no longer show off on social media platforms to avoid being kidnapped again.
Speaking on The Gist show aired by Hiptv, Mr. Ibu disclosed that he chose to exhibit a modest lifestyle on and off the TV because of his past ordeals in the hands of kidnappers.
“They say our job is about packaging but that does not apply to some of us again.
“Packaging no longer matters in the entertainment industry because of the fear of kidnappers, who could be made to believe that we are rich as being paraded on the screen.”
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways
- See the hilarious Whatsapp chat between Thin Tall Tony & his wife after he got evicted on BBNaija
- 10 world’s richest people of all time – Bill Gates is not even on the list & #7 is an African (With Pics)
- Meet the richest kids of all time who attended UNILAG – These guys spend like there’s no recession (With Photos)
- 15 horrible facts Dubai does not want the world to know about – This will leave you in utter shock (With Pics)
- A-List Nigerian celebrities who married richer men – #5, #2 and #1 are regretting now (With Photos)
- 15 Nigerian billionaires that own private Jets -Number 3 has up to five Aircrafts (With Pictures)
- The history of Big Brother – How it started and all the winners that have emerged over the years (#BBNaija)