Paul Pogba makes strong statement: Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba has made a strong statement in the Premier League by becoming the first player to make most passes in the final third so far in the current campaign.
The 23-year-old French midfielder has made 1029 passes in the opponent half this season to announce his threats to his rivals. He is followed closely by Liverpool’s Jordan Henderson and Arsenal playmaker Mesut Ozil who have made 987 and 954 respectively.
Paul Pogba who arrived at the Old Trafford last summer at the back of an impressive spell with Juventus but has not been able to repeat his heroics and was even criticised for his slow start to the Premier League. However, this latest record has again proved his critics wrong.
Speaking about Pogba’s performance after their EFL cup win, Mourinho said: ‘I can see a couple of performances – Pogba was at a similar level but he [Ibrahimovic] was outstanding.
‘In a match where our opponent better than us for long periods they deserve to go out not over 90 minutes. But he made the difference and gave us the cup.’
Paul Pogba was recently in the news for an incident with a pair of fans at a curry house in Manchester after he declined their request to sign autographs. READ HERE
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways
- 10 most horrific plane crashes that shook the world – #2 happened right here in Nigeria (With Pics)
- Full Video: Bally sucks Ese’s breast #BBNaija
- The 20 most corrupt Nigerians dead or alive – The amount of money #1 stole can feed all Nigerians
- Top 9 most poisonous animals in the world – #1 is transparent and kills in seconds
- Full Video: The Big Brother Shower hour everyone has been looking for.. (#BBNaija)
- 5 places girls want you to touch in their body that’ll blow their mind – (These are her weak points)
- Kemi Olunloyo lists 3 celebrities in the world who can go without makeup and look Amazing, 2 of them are Nigerians