There was excitement in Ado Ekiti on Saturday as snows fell from the sky during a rain which began around 4 p.m.
The residents, mostly students of Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti, and the Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti, took snapshots of the white solid substance.
Our correspondent, who was a witness, observed the excitement that greeted the incident as many of the residents rushed outside to catch a glimpse of the rare occurrence.
The rain lasted for barely 40 mins.
Ireoluwa Akinyemi, a fresh graduate of EKSU said it was a refreshed experience for him.
“I have not seen snow in this magnitude before, I’m really excited. It is a lovely experience.”
Another neighbour, Kemi Fadairo, said the size of the snow was the biggest she had seen.
“I have been seeing snows fall but these are the biggest I have seen,” she said.
The rain started by stoning doors with the snow, first causing apprehension among residents, who peeped through their windows to observe if it was an intruder.
“We thought it was somebody playing pranks, so we peeped through the window to see who it was to know whether to shout for help.
“It was then we discovered it was snow falling from the sky and hitting the door hard. I also joined in taking photographs,” said Olawale Hafeez, a Laboratory Technologist.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways
- Olamide responds perfectly to a fan who says he’s not a rapper but a fast singer – Fans react (See Tweets)
- 8 things you NEVER knew about Jenifa’s Diary Toyo Baby – #7 will make you LOVE her so deeply
- Top 10 most romantic Nigerian military weddings – #4 is picture perfect!
- BBNaija: Everyone is angry with Bally after he did this to Debie Rise – Even Biggie reacted
- 7 sets of men ladies chase for marriage – Every Nigerian girl can die for #2, #3 and #6
- 10 people who survived their execution – You will be shocked to see how they survived (+Photos)
- Nigerian female celebs that drive the most expensive cars – They’re the big ballers (With Photos)