The Minister of State for Aviation, Hadi Sirika, has vowed to resign if the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja runway is not ready in six weeks period from the period when it was shut down for repairs.
The Abuja airport was closed on the 8th of March to carry out major repair of its runway and expectedly, the airport should be ready on 19th of April 2017.
Speaking during the Aviation Round Table, ART, on Sunday, Sirika said he cannot be stupid to take a decision that involves the lives of over 180million Nigerians and fail them at the end of the day.
He said that work was on-going in the airport and added that the six weeks will indeed be six weeks for the airport to be ready again for international flight operations.
According to him, the decision to close the airport and choose Kaduna airport as its alternate airport was not a political decision but as a result of security, proximity and convenience concerns for the Nigerian people.
“We have budgeted N150million to charter cargo airplanes to buy and bring in some of the materials we don’t have in Nigeria.
“We want to build something we can sustain. The runway will be built to last for over ten years”, he said.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways
- Meet 10 silent Billionaires in Nigeria – These men control Nigeria’s economy (With Pictures)
- Top 8 Most stylish Kings in Nigeria – 2 of them use the most expensive Rolls Royce cars (With Photos)
- 5 Nigerian celebrities who secretly got married – #3 was even pregnant and no one knew (With Pics)
- 6 things you need to do now if you want to be a millionaire before 40 – #3 is very IMPORTANT
- 15 horrible facts Dubai does not want the world to know about – This will leave you in utter shock (With Pics)
- 12 things a girl does when she likes you already – If you notice #10, you got her bro!
- Meet the richest kids of all time who attended UNILAG – These guys spend like there’s no recession (With Photos)