Naira strengthens on the parallel market: The Nigerian Naira is showing dramatic recovering less than 24 hours after the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) monetary policy committee (MPC) meeting. In Abuja, the naira is currently trading between 405 to 410 per dollar, while the British pound is going for 520/523 — all at the parallel market.
- See the hilarious Whatsapp chat between Thin Tall Tony & his wife after he got evicted on BBNaija
- Meet the richest kids of all time who attended UNILAG – These guys spend like there’s no recession (With Photos)
- 10 stunning photos of Mercy Aigbe and her 15-years old daughter, Michelle – You will think they are sisters
- 3 Big Brother Naija hot romances that were broken up by eviction – Everyone thought #1 will lead to marriage
In Lagos, it’s bing sold 415 per dollar, and buying at 410. The pound and euro were also going for 530 and 460 respectively.
On Tuesday, after the CBN MPC voted to keep existing monetary policies, Godwin Emefiele warned speculator that the bank had all it takes to sustain its prevailing interventions.
He said those who think the policy actions were not sustainable, are on the wrong side of the bet.
“I am happy, indeed very gratified that those interventions have proved very positive. We’ve seen the rates converging and we are strongly optimistic that the rates will converge further,” he had said.
“The fact that we have done this consistently for almost four to five weeks should tell everybody or those who doubt the strength of central bank to sustain this policy that they are taking a risk and they will lose in this bid to want to place a wrong bet on the direction that we are going.
“The direction is that there is a determination to see to the convergence of those rates and with what we have seen so far, we are very optimistic that those rates will converge.
“It is a program and I am happy to say that the program is looking good, in fact beyond our expectation and those who remain on the sideline doubting the level of CBN’s ability to sustain this policy are on the wrong side of the bet.”
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways
- Emeka Ike releases list of Nollywood producers who sleep with actresses – The list will shock many
- 10 world’s richest people of all time – Bill Gates is not even on the list & #7 is an African (With Pics)
- Top 7 Punchlines you missed from Wizkid’s latest insult at Linda Ikeji – She will cry after seeing this! (With Pictures)
- 10 people who survived their execution – You will be shocked to see how they survived (+Photos)
- The history of Big Brother – How it started and all the winners that have emerged over the years (#BBNaija)
- 11 Nigerian celebs who can’t do without smoking weed – #5 & #8 smoke like a chimney during winter (With Pics)
- 6 Nigerian male celebrities who married older women – #3 is 10years younger than his wife [With Pictures]