South Africa deports 97 Nigerians: The South African Government has deported 97 Nigerians for committing various offences in the country. The deportees landed at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos on Monday night in a chartered aircraft with the registration number GBB710 from Johannesburg.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that they were made up of 95 males and two females.
DSP Joseph Alabi, the Spokesman of the Lagos Airport Police Command, confirmed the development to NAN.
An immigration source told NAN on condition of anonymity that six of the deportees were returned to the country for drug offences while 10 were arrested and deported for other criminal offences .
The others were said to have committed immigration offences in the Southern African country.
All the deportees were profiled by officials of the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) while those deported for drug related offences were handed over to the Police for further investigation.
NAN reports that the Federal Government had also on Monday evacuated 41 Nigerian girls who were trafficked to Mali for sex and labour exploitation.
Six of the suspected human traffickers were also apprehended and brought back to the country for prosecution. (NAN).
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways
- 10 most horrific plane crashes that shook the world – #2 happened right here in Nigeria (With Pics)
- Full Video: Bally sucks Ese’s breast #BBNaija
- The 20 most corrupt Nigerians dead or alive – The amount of money #1 stole can feed all Nigerians
- Top 9 most poisonous animals in the world – #1 is transparent and kills in seconds
- Full Video: The Big Brother Shower hour everyone has been looking for.. (#BBNaija)
- 5 places girls want you to touch in their body that’ll blow their mind – (These are her weak points)
- Kemi Olunloyo lists 3 celebrities in the world who can go without makeup and look Amazing, 2 of them are Nigerians