Rooney back in training ahead of Anderlecht match
Wayne Rooney was seen training with his Manchester United team-mates on Wednesday, a day before their Europa League tie away to Belgian side Anderlecht.
The England striker missed United’s last two Premier League matches, against Everton and Sunderland, with an ankle injury but was involved in the session at the English giants’ Carrington training ground.
David De Gea, Antonio Valencia and Ashley Young also took part, with Juan Mata, Chris Smalling and Phil Jones the only first-team regulars missing.
Spanish goalkeeper de Gea missed Sunday’s 3-0 win over Sunderland with a hip problem.
United manager Jose Mourinho may opt to keep de Gea out of action come Thursday’s quarter-final first leg match in Brussels and bring him back for this weekend’s league fixture against leaders Chelsea instead.
That would mean Sergio Romero continuing between the posts against Anderlecht.
United, who’ve yet to win the Europa League, have won all three of their previous ties with Anderlecht.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways
- Top 8 Most stylish Kings in Nigeria – 2 of them use the most expensive Rolls Royce cars (With Photos)
- Emeka Ike releases list of Nollywood producers who sleep with actresses – The list will shock many
- 21 World famous celebrities you never knew were Nigerians – This will shock you! (With Pictures)
- 15 Nigerian billionaires that own private Jets -Number 3 has up to five Aircrafts (With Pictures)
- 10 world’s richest people of all time – Bill Gates is not even on the list & #7 is an African (With Pics)
- The 13 most feared criminals in the world right now – #3 is Nigerian and this will make you shiver (With Pictures)
- Nigerian celebs and the breathtaking houses they live in – Genevieve’s crib is crazy! (With Photos)