UNIOSUN graduates 54 first class students: The Osun State University has graduated a total of 54 students with first class honours, at its 6th convocation ceremony.
The Vice-chancellor of the university, Prof. Labode Popoola disclosed this on Saturday, while addressing journalists at a press briefing as part of the activities for its convocation.
Popoola noted that the 54 students with first class honours accounted for 4.36 per cent of the graduands, while 512 bagged second class honours, upper division, which is 41.12 per cent.
Also, 589 students graduated with second class lower division, representing 43.6 per cent,139 third class category, while only 2 had pass.
The V.C added that those with first class division had been subjected to thorough and rigorous process to certify their grade.
According to him, the 54 first class graduands were at the vantage position to work in the university as graduate assistants, to contribute their academic excellence to the growth of the ivory tower.
Popoola, however, said the university had not recorded any invention in the academic years based on paucity of funds.
“Inventions come from serious research work through funding, society must invest in the university for it to reciprocate and develop the society in return,” Popoola opined.
Meanwhile, the convocation ceremony has been slated for April 6.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways
- See what Efe DID last night that might make him not to win #BBNaija – Everyone is angry
- Top 8 Most stylish Kings in Nigeria – 2 of them use the most expensive Rolls Royce cars (With Photos)
- #BBNaija: Housemates left in tears after their relatives visited, Ebuka Hangs out with them (Watch Video)
- Full Video: #BBNaija Big Brother and Bisola pranks housemate and it was beyond epic
- 15 horrible facts Dubai does not want the world to know about – This will leave you in utter shock (With Pics)
- 12 things a girl does when she likes you already – If you notice #10, you got her bro!
- Meet the richest kids of all time who attended UNILAG – These guys spend like there’s no recession (With Photos)