In an impressive speech made while accepting his Profile in Courage Award, former President Barack Obama dropped some wisdom about courage while defending Obamacare, his signature healthcare bill which is currently under attack and may soon be repealed.
The speech was not impressive merely because Obama brought his usual refined thoughtfulness to the table, it was impressive because the former leader managed to avoid mentioning his successor throughout its 30-minute length.
- Top 10 richest and wealthiest neighbourhoods in Nigeria – #3 is in Abeokuta! (With Pics)
- 12 things a girl does when she likes you already – If you notice #10, you got her bro!
- 8 Nigerian celebrities with multiple baby mamas – #1 has 39 children from countless women (With Pics)
- 15 horrible facts Dubai does not want the world to know about – This will leave you in utter shock (With Pics)
That was quite the feat considering most of what he said as he recieved the Profile in Courage Award was against recent moves made by President Donald Trump. He made appeals to Congress to save Obamacare while thanking the Kennedy family for the honor.
Here are five gems about courage Obama dropped while accepting his Profile in Courage Award;
- “Our politics remains filled with division and discord, and everywhere we see the risk of falling into the refuge of tribe and clan and anger at those who don’t look like us or have the same surnames or pray the way we do. And at such moments, courage is necessary. “