Arsenal failed to qualify for the Champions League for the first time in 20 years despite a 3-1 win over Everton on the final day of the Premier League. The Gunners began the day a point behind fourth-place Liverpool and were on course to displace the Reds when they took an eighth-minute lead. But Liverpool, needing a win to ensure fourth, broke Middlesbrough resistance just before the break, and won 3-0. Manchester City claimed third with a very easy 5-0 win at Watford.
Europa League for the Gunners
Arsenal’s remarkable run of qualifying for the Champions League in 19 consecutive seasons came to its widely anticipated end on Sunday.
Hope grew among the home support when Hector Bellerin gave the Gunners an early lead and news filtered through that Liverpool were struggling against the relegated Teessiders.
But in first-half stoppage time Georginio Wijnaldum put the Reds ahead with a stunning strike, and Jurgen Klopp’s men eventually ran out comfortable winners.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- Checkout Billionaire Femi Otedola’s house, Private jet, Yacht and fleet of expensive cars (With Pics)
- Countries Nigerians can travel to without VISA & how to migrate there now – #23 is like UK
- 15 hottest mums in Nigeria entertainment industry – #3 is a banger! (With Photos)
- 10 Nollywood actresses that live scandal-free lives – Number 3, 4 & 6 are loved by everyone (With Pics)
- 7 Photos of Omotola’s second daughter, Meraiah that proves that she will be hotter than her mom
- 9 things Nigerian girls say instead of “I love You” – #6 is very funny & annoying (With Pics)
- 28 photos that prove Dubai is the craziest city in the World – These guys spend money like it’s nothing (With Pics)
- 10 most powerful celebrities in Nigeria – The country shakes when these guys cough (With Pics)