Suspected gunmen on Friday 5 May, 2017 attacked Diamond Bank at Item street, Owerri, the Imo State capital while trying to rob an expatriate, which they might have trialed to the bank.
Trying to disarm the police officer for an easy way to their target (expatriate contractor), the gunmen shot repeatedly at the police orderly who was brave enough to challenge them even with gun shot injuries. The awareness created and the combined firepower of the police officers attached to the bank were enough to repel the alleged kidnappers.
Attempt made by the driver to rush the police orderly, and the white man to a nearby hospital met a brick wall as he was alleged to have ran into a traffic jam along prison junction by Okigwe road, Owerri, and an effort made to take one-way resulted to a collision with an oncoming vehicle loaded with passengers.
The police officer thereafter died while three other persons including the driver of the incoming vehicle and two of his passengers sustained injuries and currently admitted to a hospital.
The corpse of the police officer, identified as Hussain Jamaiz has been evacuated and taken to the morgue by the officers of Imo Police Command.
- CLICK HEREto join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways
- Top 8 Most stylish Kings in Nigeria – 2 of them use the most expensive Rolls Royce cars (With Photos)
- Emeka Ike releases list of Nollywood producers who sleep with actresses – The list will shock many
- 21 World famous celebrities you never knew were Nigerians – This will shock you! (With Pictures)
- 15 Nigerian billionaires that own private Jets -Number 3 has up to five Aircrafts (With Pictures)
- 10 world’s richest people of all time – Bill Gates is not even on the list & #7 is an African (With Pics)
- The 13 most feared criminals in the world right now – #3 is Nigerian and this will make you shiver (With Pictures)
- Nigerian celebs and the breathtaking houses they live in – Genevieve’s crib is crazy! (With Photos)