Arsene Wenger has landed Nigerian striker Henry Onyekuru for a reported £7 million from Belgian top division club KAS Eupen.
Onyekuru, 19, finished the 2016/17 season as the top scorer in Belgium’s Jupiler Liga prompting the Gunners to trigger the £6.8 million release clause in his contract. He reportedly turned down moves from Belgian giants Brugge and Anderlecht, according to Sky Sports.
The pacy attacker, a long-time Gunners fan, bagged an impressive 25 goals and provided 14 assists for Eupen this season to inevitably bring down the curtain on his time in the European lower leagues.
He made his debut for Eupen in 2015 as a 17-year-old and helped the club achieve promotion to the Belgian top flight in his debut season.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- The 10 sexiest Yoruba actresses at the moment (With Pictures)
- 10 most expensive houses of footballers – C Ronaldo’s home will knock you out (With Pictures)
- 15 hottest mums in Nigeria entertainment industry – #3 is a banger! (With Photos)
- Checkout Billionaire Femi Otedola’s house, Private jet, Yacht and fleet of expensive cars (With Pics)
- 10 Nigerian celebrity kids of the 90s you won’t recognise today – Most of us grew up listening to music from #5 (With Pics)
- Meet Randy Wayne, another Nigerian ‘social media’ millionaire giving Hushpuppi a run for his money (Photos)
- Top 15 richest royals in the world and their worth – The amount of money they have is crazy! (With Photos)