It is exactly one year former Super Eagles Coach, Stephen Keshi passed away and tributes have poured in from the players as well as the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) on Wednesday, June 7th, 2017. The Super Eagles while in training ahead of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier in Uyo, observed a minute of silence in memory of the late coach. The NFF also took to its Twitter handle to pay tribute to the “Big Boss” as he is called, who died June 7, 2016.
- 9 things you need to do in your 20s that will make you a millionaire before 30 – #4 and #8 is a must
- Nigerian celebrities who don’t know how to dress at all – #2 is hopeless – (With Photos)
- 12 celebrities you forgot had passed away – #3 died at his peak (With Photos)
- 10 awkward celebrity kids who grew up to be very hot – I bet you can’t recognise them (With Photos)
Here are 15 fast facts about the football ICON, a legend and a figure whose memorable can not be forgotten in a hurry by of the Nigerians even in death.
1. Stephen Okechukwu Keshi was born on January 23, 1962.
2. He was from Illah town in Delta State
3. He began his football career with the popular Lagos-based side, African Continental Bank Football Club (ACB) in 1979 and New Nigerian Bank (NNB) from 1980 to 1984 in Edo state.