Wearing a Barcelona shirt in Saudi Arabia now carries a risk of €135,000 fine and up to 15 years in prison. The change in law follows the cutting of diplomatic relations and borders with Qatar, who the Saudi Kingdom this week accused of supporting ISIS. According to Sky Italy, Saudi authorities have said those caught wearing shirts with the Qatar Airways wording now face €135,000 euro fine and up to 15 years in prison.
A similar ban could now follow in United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Yemen. Barcelona are, however, switching shirt sponsors to Japanese online retailer Rakuten from the 2017/18 season for four years. Paris Saint-Germain was also affected as the Ligue 1 club’s Qatari owners have a shirt sponsorship deal with Emirates. But the French club, who have two more seasons with Emirates, told Le Parisien: “It will have no effect on the club, there is no worry.”
Source: Sky Italy
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- 10 Habits that make you age faster – You will look young forever if you eradicate #2, #4 and #9
- 11 female celebs whose broken marriages didn’t stop them from shining – #9 became stinking rich after divorce (With Photos)
- 15 most beautiful Actresses in the world – You won’t believe who #1 is (With Pictures)
- 9 things Nigerian girls say instead of “I love You” – #6 is very funny & annoying (With Pics)
- Things you need to do in your 20s that will make you a millionaire before 30 – #4 and #8 is a must
- 10 times Nicki Minaj revealed to us more than what we bargained for – This will knock you out (With Pics)
- 10 rappers who have made over a $100 million – #5 is already broke despite the fortunes he made (With Pics)