Arsenal stars were struck by food poisoning in China that prevented several key players from playing their pre-season friendly with Bayern Munich on Wednesday, manager Arsene Wenger said in a statement. According to the French coach, the sickness swept the Arsenal camp, coupled with the severe heat in China and extensive travelling to different climates wasn’t “ideal physically” for the players.
- 7 Facts about Simi and Adekunle Gold you didnt know – Too many secrets unveiled
- 10 Nigerian celebrities that died before the 2nd half of 2017
- 13 most expensive places to reside in Lagos – Only the rich can tell (with pictures)
- 7 Photos of Cynthia Morgan that will give you instant head turn – Don’t look if you can’t control yourself!
Olivier Giroud missed Wednesday’s friendly victory over Bayern Munich because of food poisoning, then captain Per Mertesacker pulled out of the game just moments before kick-off because he too fell ill with the same problem. New signing Sead Kolasinac also had to come off before the break and second-half substitutes Theo Walcott and Aaron Ramsey both finished the game not feeling well.
During the game, the Arsenal team were poor in the first half in the 36 degrees Celsius (97F) heat and Wenger admitted that the extreme conditions in Shanghai were “a shock” after flying in from Australia, which is in its winter
“I was a bit scared that tonight we could have big problems and in fact in the first half we suffered a bit,” said Wenger. “Ramsey finished the game, but Walcott, Kolasinac, Mertesacker, Giroud, they all had a little food poisoning.”
Wenger said the club did not know what caused the food poisoning. Wenger added of the punishing preseason schedule that many top European clubs now undertake to far-flung destinations for commercial reasons: “If you ask me is it ideal physically to prepare? I’d say certainly not.
“Has it got other advantages? Yes because we can meet fans all over the world so that is very positive.”
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- 12 critical signs it is time to walk out of that relationship – if you notice #3, #6 or #10, please run for your life
- 25 times celebrities got badly drunk in public – Beyonce & Miley were completely messed up (+Photos)
- 10 States in Nigeria with the most beautiful girls – Check to see if your State is on the list (With Pictures)
- Meet KCee’s wife and reasons we hardly see them together – She is so beauitiful (With Photos)
- REVEALED! Top 5 most notorious criminals in Nigeria’s history – See How The Infamous Baddo Of Ikorodu Was Killed (With Pics)
- 6 mistakes in Davido “If” song you never noticed that made it more beautiful
- How to flirt with your lover through text messages – Read this to become a PRO!