The so-called Islamic State faction of the sectarian terrorist group, Boko Haram, has claimed responsibility for the attack on a military-escorted convoy of oil exploration workers in the Chad Basin. Scores of soldiers and civilians died in the ambush. According to sources within the leadership of the insurgent group, the Islamist terrorists did not immediately realize the composition of the convoy when they launched their attack.
Such attacks on convoy are a common occurrence in Nigeria’s beleaguered northeast zone where Boko Haram militants have been most active.
After the attack, the insurgent fighters abducted four persons contracted by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). One of their victims died from injuries he sustained during the onslaught.
In a photo obtained by SaharaReporters through a journalist with access to the two factions of Boko Haram, the abducted lecturers are seen looking terrified and seated barefoot in some unidentified indoor facility.
It is not clear whether the Islamist insurgents intend to make ransom demands in exchange for the release of their victims.
However, their decision to release the photo of those they abducted may suggest a desire to seek a negotiated settlement to free the captives
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- 6 mistakes in Davido “If” song you never noticed that made it more beautiful
- How to start a conversation with a girl for the first time and make her completely fall for you
- 28 photos that prove Dubai is the craziest city in the World – These guys spend money like it’s nothing (With Pics)
- 5 hottest mums in Nigeria entertainment industry – #3 is a banger! (With Photos)
- 10 Nollywood actresses who allegedly smoke weed – This will shock you (With Photos)
- How to remove dental plaque in 5 minutes naturally, without going to the Dentist
- 10 Nollywood actresses that live scandal-free lives – Number 3, 4 & 6 are loved by everyone (With Pics)