Former Miss Anambra, Chidinma Okeke was just like any other young girl with big dreams until she won the Miss Anambra beauty pageant and crossed into the limelight in October 2015. Unfortunately, her victory at the pageant turned out to be major source of pain when a purported lesbian sex video she had participated in was leaked online a few months ago and she became a subject of heavy criticism. As a result, she was dethroned towards the end of her reign as a queen.
- Checkout Nigerian police ranks and salaries – You wont believe the amount they take home monthly (With Pics)
- 5 places girls want you to touch in their body that’ll blow their mind – (These are her weak points)
- Checkout Billionaire Femi Otedola’s house, Private jet, Yacht and fleet of expensive cars (With Pics)
- 10 popular Nollywood actresses that have married more than one husband – #8 & 10 are with their 3rd husbands (With Pictures)
However, Chidinma Okeke said the pains and trauma the incident put her through had been healed and she has continued to forge a career for herself in the entertainment industry with the release of her debut track titled ‘Friends’. She also said it would be difficult for her to trust anyone after the incident of her lesbian sex tape.
Speaking in an interview with Entertainment News on Channels Television, Miss Chidinma Okeke explained how being a beauty queen changed her life and how she was able to make it through her lowest moment.
“It changed me a lot in every area of my life, I became up and doing before the all contest I just loved being in my own shell but throughout my year as a beauty queen I had to learn how to work hard to get to where I want to be, I learned the world is not a bed of roses and that if you want to make an impact you have to work hard.”
“I was able to heal with the help of God and my family. I talked to myself because I know I had so much to give out there. I was surrounded with people that were encouraging me to move on with what I wanted to do and not give up on my dreams and I took their advice. Now I am a stronger and better person.”
Chidinma who released a music single titled ‘Friends’, added that, “The song ‘friends’ is generally about friends and it is passing across a message to people out there to be careful of people they call friends because not everybody is happy that you are going up there.
“What inspired the song was after the whole crisis, the incident was centralised on friends so I thought to do music about the whole stuff (incident) and that is how friends came about.”
She also attributed the track to life’s experience which she has passed through, comprising of betrayal and bad company.
“Where I am now, I live my life and I have actually healed but I am still having trust issues anyway but whatever you are going through in life just look on the bright side because in every storm there is always hope.
“It is in our stormy periods God intervenes and opens doors for us so never lose hope and never give up on yourself.”
Source: Channels Television
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- 6 mistakes in Davido “If” song you never noticed that made it more beautiful
- How to start a conversation with a girl for the first time and make her completely fall for you
- 28 photos that prove Dubai is the craziest city in the World – These guys spend money like it’s nothing (With Pics)
- 5 hottest mums in Nigeria entertainment industry – #3 is a banger! (With Photos)
- 10 Nollywood actresses who allegedly smoke weed – This will shock you (With Photos)
- How to remove dental plaque in 5 minutes naturally, without going to the Dentist
- 10 Nollywood actresses that live scandal-free lives – Number 3, 4 & 6 are loved by everyone (With Pics)