Jay Z’s 4:44 album hits platinum in less than one week. Jay Z’s new body of work, 4:44, has been certified platinum in five (5) days after it was released. The rapper was able to achieve the 1 million sales requisite for platinum, by getting subscribers to stream the 10 tracks on the album at least 1.5 billion times, since the album was released exclusively to Tidal and Sprint subscribers and not available for physical sales
The 4.44 album is Hov’s 13th studio album. Jay Z received his 13th platinum plaque on Wednesday, from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). According to XXLMag, Chairman and CEO of the RIAA, Cary Sherman said in a statement: “Props to Jay, he’s done it again. Another platinum adds to an already iconic career”. No other rap or hip hop artist has more than 10 platinum albums, hence making Jay-Z the first hip-hop artist to hit this status.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- Olayode ‘Toyo baby’ Juliana reveals the real reason why she left Jenifa’s Diary (full details)
- 15 Nigerian billionaires that own private Jets -Number 3 has up to five Aircrafts (With Pictures)
- 10 Nigerian celebrities that died before the 2nd half of 2017
- 9 extremely rich Nigerians who live in Banana Island – #5 hosted Chris Brown when he came to Nigeria
- REVEALED! Top 5 most notorious criminals in Nigeria’s history – See How The Infamous Baddo Of Ikorodu Was Killed (With Pics)
- A-List Nigerian celebrities who married richer men – #5, #2 and #1 are regretting now (With Photos)
- 12 celebrities you forgot had passed away – #3 died at his peak (With Photos)