Nigerian forward Henry Onyekuru has revealed that Osaze Odemwingie played a vital role in his decision to join Everton this summer. The 20-year-old finished last season as the top scorer in the Belgian league and has been tipped for more success on a higher stage as several clubs in Europe vied for signature. Arsenal were believed to be frontrunners in the transfer race with reports that they met with Onyekuru’s club, Eupen but the transfer could not be finalised after Arsene Wenger pulled plug on the deal.
Following his move to Everton, the Super Eagles star revealed that he had to consult Odemwingie about the prospects of playing in the Premier League.
He said: “Before making the decision I seek some advice from Nigeria ex players like Osaze Odemwingie, and he gave me some advices you know. I have some other clubs you know ready to offer more than what Everton did.
“But I begged with my agent I need to play inside the pitch and not just the financial aspect for my career. I need a coach that will push me to make a good career for me. So I chose Everton because the coach really wants me and I am going to take a loan to Anderlecht, so it’s good for my career,”
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- Photos from Lionel Messi’s wedding to Antonella Roccuzzo – See the stars who attended
- 10 of the youngest children sentenced to death – #1 will leave you in a very big shock! (With Pictures)
- 9 extremely rich Nigerians who live in Banana Island – #5 hosted Chris Brown when he came to Nigeria
- The 6 physical features that men can’t resist in ladies – #4 and #5 will make even a billionaire lose control
- Lagos Yahoo boy shares naughty photos of his numerous girls (+18 pics)
- 15 Nigerian billionaires that own private Jets -Number 3 has up to five Aircrafts (With Pictures)
- Meet 10 silent Nigerian billionaires you probably didn’t know about – #9 will give Dangote a run for his money (With Pics)