If you’ve ever listened to Wande Coal then you’ll know that his sound isn’t ordinary. His style of music, which embodies a cross between RnB and Afro beats, never gets old! On a chilled Sunday afternoon in Abuja, Guardian Life had an interesting chat with Wande Coal who talks about his transition from Mo’Hits, to Mavin Records and finally Black Diamond Entertainment. He also talks about some interesting facts you probably don’t know about him.
- Checkout Nigerian police ranks and salaries – You wont believe the amount they take home monthly (With Pics)
- 5 places girls want you to touch in their body that’ll blow their mind – (These are her weak points)
- Checkout Billionaire Femi Otedola’s house, Private jet, Yacht and fleet of expensive cars (With Pics)
- 10 popular Nollywood actresses that have married more than one husband – #8 & 10 are with their 3rd husbands (With Pictures)
Read excerpts below
How did you get the name Wande Coal?
Wande is my real name and Coal is because of my dark colour.
What was the first song you wrote?
At the time I just would beat my chest and sing, Ololufe was the song that put me out there.
Which artist inspired your music career?
It was my 300 level, I remember Tuface came to the school, and everybody went wild. People were on him, and he came to one of the hostels and he sang. In my mind, I was like wow, I want this too. I have always been a big fan of Tuface.
Who were you a backup singer for?
I started off as a learner, I used to be a backup singer to D’banj and we would go on trips together until I became an artist.
How did D’banj treat you as a boss?
He was a militant! But in a good way, he was always positively driven and I learnt a lot from him.
Word on the street is that Nigerian artists are mimicking Ghanaian sound. What do you think about that?
I look at Ghana and Nigeria like Canadians and Americans. They are family, so both of us have something, but a fusion of it is what creates the sound. We speak Pigeon, they also speak Pigeon so they can flow with us, and I would say both of us rub off on each other.
Who are your main industry guys?
My guys are many, I’m that guy that hangs out with everyone. Just to mention a few, Wizkid, Davido, Burna Boy and Flavour.
What is your favourite album of all time?
The Konvicted Akon album and Face 2 Face Tuface album were my main inspirations.
What’s your dream location and with who?
If I could be anywhere I would be in America, particularly Atlanta because it has a music vibe. I would be in the studio with Jazzy Fizzle or Wiz Khalifa.
What do you do in your spare time?
I play basketball; I’m usually the point guard when I go with my guys. I also swim sometimes.
Choose between Ghanian or Nigerian jollof?
I love both of them so there’s a problem, I can never choose which one I like better!
Favourite series at the moment
I am in love with Power, I’m actually watching it right now and Ghost is my favourite character.
Here are the photos :
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- 6 mistakes in Davido “If” song you never noticed that made it more beautiful
- How to start a conversation with a girl for the first time and make her completely fall for you
- 28 photos that prove Dubai is the craziest city in the World – These guys spend money like it’s nothing (With Pics)
- 5 hottest mums in Nigeria entertainment industry – #3 is a banger! (With Photos)
- 10 Nollywood actresses who allegedly smoke weed – This will shock you (With Photos)
- How to remove dental plaque in 5 minutes naturally, without going to the Dentist
- 10 Nollywood actresses that live scandal-free lives – Number 3, 4 & 6 are loved by everyone (With Pics)