Oscar Pistorius will be freed: Jailed South African athlete, Oscar Pistorius is to be freed from jail on ‘compassionate leave’ next week to attend a funeral for his grandmother, who died earlier this week at the age of 93. This will be the second time the convicted murderer will be given such preferential treatment by the Prison authorities. Last October, the 30-year-old was driven by prison guards to spend a few hours at a boutique hotel where a memorial service was being held for his father’s mother, Gerti Pistorius.
The double-amputee sprinter is serving six years for murdering his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp in February 2013. But he’ll be eligible for parole in two years’ time although prosecutors are still attempting to overturn his six-year sentence which they describe as ‘shockingly low’.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- 7 facts about Simi and Adekunle Gold you didnt know – Too many secrets unveiled
- 8 ways to make a man regret dumping you – #7 is the key!
- 11 female celebs whose broken marriages didn’t stop them from shining – #9 became stinking rich after divorce (With Photos)
- 16 Signs you may have HIV without knowing – if you notice #6, #12 or #14, please visit your doctor
- 8 Nigerian celebrities with multiple baby mamas – #1 has 39 children from countless women (With Pics)
- 20 Hollywood movie tricks that look so real- You wont believe your eyes when you see them (With Pictures)
- 7 beautiful daughters of Nigeria’s wealthiest men who are still single – #3, #4 & #5 will make a perfect bride