Neymar’s transfer to PSG: La Liga has rejected payment of a record-breaking release clause that would allow Neymar to leave Barcelona for Paris St Germain, a source from the Spanish league said. A group of lawyers representing Neymar visited La Liga in Madrid on Thursday to try to settle the transfer and pay the £198 million buy-out clause. It was not immediately clear whether La Liga’s refusal to accept payment would substantially delay on the transfer.
Spain’s Marca newspaper reported that Neymar and his advisers would turn to FIFA, world soccer’s governing body, requesting a provisional transfer to PSG.
The Brazilian striker’s agent Wagner Ribeiro had said on Wednesday that the French club was ready to foot the bill so that Neymar could be presented at PSG at the weekend.
La Liga president, Javier Tebas, had already warned in an interview that Spain’s league would not accept payment by PSG to trigger the release clause, saying it was potentially in breach of UEFA Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules.
Under the those rules, a club’s wage bill must not exceed 70 percent of its revenue.
UEFA, European football’s governing body, told Reuters on Wednesday that had been no complaint received so far about PSG in this respect, adding that it would not block any potential deal in advance.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- 7 beautiful daughters of Nigeria’s wealthiest men who are still single – #3, #4 & #5 will make a perfect bride
- 12 things a girl does when she likes you already – If you notice #10, you got her bro!
- 12 celebrities you forgot had passed away – #3 died at his peak (With Photos)
- 8 ways to make a man regret dumping you – #7 is the key!
- The 13 most feared criminals in the world right now – #3 is Nigerian and this will make you shiver (With Pictures)
- 24 sure signs your girlfriend is a wife material – #13 and #1 are the ICING on the CAKE
- How top female celebs looked like before they became rich & famous – #9 will give you hope (Photos)