Ycee finally reveals what inspire him: Tinny Entertainment artiste, Oludemilade Martin Alejo, aka Ycee, has revealed his losing the Headies’s next rated award inspired him to make more good music. The “JUICE” crooner, in an interview with Sunday Scoop said he is more focused in making good music for his fans.
“I am here to do music and that’s my primary calling. Awards and other recognition are just like icing on the cake. Inasmuch as my fans love what I’m doing and I’m able to keep them satisfied, then I’m good. However, not getting the award is a form of motivation for me. It is not like I am not good enough but I always strive to get better, and I will continue doing that. Don’t also forget that I won the Rookie of the Year award at the same Headies two years ago, so I guess one cannot win it all. I can assure my fans that the best is yet to come from me. I have a lot of great things in stock and they would be unveiled at the right time.”
Speaking on his style of music, he said,
“I’m a rapper and I always strive to make songs that people can relate with.”
On the notion that his songs are not ‘local’ enough for the Nigerian audience, Ycee said,
“I don’t agree with that. After all, I am a Nigerian boy. My songs are influenced by the environment and I always get positive reactions from fans whenever I perform, both in Nigeria and outside the country.”
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- 7 facts about Simi and Adekunle Gold you didnt know – Too many secrets unveiled
- 8 ways to make a man regret dumping you – #7 is the key!
- 11 female celebs whose broken marriages didn’t stop them from shining – #9 became stinking rich after divorce (With Photos)
- 16 Signs you may have HIV without knowing – if you notice #6, #12 or #14, please visit your doctor
- 8 Nigerian celebrities with multiple baby mamas – #1 has 39 children from countless women (With Pics)
- 20 Hollywood movie tricks that look so real- You wont believe your eyes when you see them (With Pictures)
- 7 beautiful daughters of Nigeria’s wealthiest men who are still single – #3, #4 & #5 will make a perfect bride