Dolapo Osinbajo opens up on how she spent 10 years under Lagos bridges: Wife of the vice-president, Dolapo Osinbajo, has disclosed that she worked for 10 years under the Lagos bridges with area boys in an effort to reshape the lives of street urchins during her pastoral work. Mrs Osinbajo made the disclosure on Sunday, August 27, when speaking at a ‘Teens Career Conference’ organised by The Everlasting Arms Parish (TEAP) of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Garki, Abuja, Vanguard reports. Area boys are loosely organized gangs of street boys and teenagers who roam the streets of Lagos state, extort money from passers-by, sell illegal mood altering substances, and sometimes resort to crime.
- Top 10 cult groups in Nigerian Universities, their Motto and Symbols – #1 and #2 are are the deadliest
- See how Ooni of Ife’s palace looks like after reconstruction – (exclusive before and after photos)
- 7 Photos of Cynthia Morgan that will give you instant head turn – Don’t look if you can’t control yourself!
- All you really need to you know about Postinor 2 – This is what doctors never tell you
The wife of the vice-president said during the period she worked under the bridges, she discovered that the youths abused all kinds of mood altering substances.
She said: “When I became a worker in the church, the first place I worked was the Teenage Church and for 10 years I was in the Children’s Church. For 10 years, I was under the bridge; under the bridge in Lagos with area boys.”
Mrs Osinbajo said by working with the street urchins, she had gathered firsthand knowledge of every kind of mood altering substance there is, and had seen the effects.
“Some of them have parents with very big names. There are some streets in Lagos that the names of the streets are names of people, some of which have their children under the bridge. There were people whose parents lived in America and yet their children were under the bridge. So, do not even imagine that it cannot happen to you, but you must be an example in your conduct,” she said.
Meanwhile, the cabal in Aso Rock has reportedly staged a comeback in the presidency and has perfected a strategy to sideline vice-president Yemi Osinbajo from governance following the return of President Muhammadu Buhari from the United Kingdom where he was on medical vacation.
The Punch, citing sources familiar with happenings in Aso Rock, reports that a group comprising of some members of the president’s extended family and friends have again tightened their grip on the president to influence policy-making and determine those who get major appointments.
The return of the cabal to Aso Rock was also confirmed by a former member of the House of Representatives in the second republic, Junaid Mohammed.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- 7 facts about Simi and Adekunle Gold you didnt know – Too many secrets unveiled
- 8 ways to make a man regret dumping you – #7 is the key!
- 11 female celebs whose broken marriages didn’t stop them from shining – #9 became stinking rich after divorce (With Photos)
- 16 Signs you may have HIV without knowing – if you notice #6, #12 or #14, please visit your doctor
- 8 Nigerian celebrities with multiple baby mamas – #1 has 39 children from countless women (With Pics)
- 20 Hollywood movie tricks that look so real- You wont believe your eyes when you see them (With Pictures)
- 7 beautiful daughters of Nigeria’s wealthiest men who are still single – #3, #4 & #5 will make a perfect bride