According to the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. General Tukur Buratai, the Defence Headquarters did not declare the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB a terrorist organization in the country. Speaking on Monday during the official launch of Operation Python Dance II in Abakaliki, the Army Chief who argued that what the Defence Headquarters did was a pronouncement on IPOB added that the statement of the military gave room for the right steps to be taken on the matter.
Just a couple of days back, Major General John Enenche, the Director Defence Information, released a statement in which he said that after serious analysis, the Armed Forces confirms IPOB to be a militant terrorist organization.
“From the foregoing, the Armed Forces of Nigeria wishes to confirm to the general public that IPOB from all intent, plan and purpose as analysed, is a militant terrorist organisation. Therefore, parents and particularly unsuspecting residents of the South East and other Nigerians should advice their wards to desist from joining the group. The Defence Headquarters restates its commitment to handling all the security challenges in the Country and further assures all Nigerians of the protection of lives and property”
However, according to Buratai, the action of the Federal government concerning IPOB was right and that the military did not over step its bound towards the protection of lives and properties in the country.
“You have to get it very clear. First of all, what the Defence Headquarters did was to make pronouncement. It wasn’t a declaration per se.
But this has given room for the right step to be taken. I think the government is doing the right thing.
“It is not that we are overstepping our bounds. We are still within the limits. And I ensure you that what the military said was to set the ball rolling and to bring the awareness to the public that this is what this organization is all about.
I’m happy that the government has done the right thing right now.
The Chief of Army staff, General Tukur Buratai further assured the people of the Southeast that the Army will abide by the rule of law and rules of engagement in carrying out the Exercise Egwu Eke II which kicked off on Saturday in the region.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- The 6 physical features that men can’t resist in ladies – #4 and #5 will make even a billionaire lose control
- Nigerian female celebrities that have done plastic surgeries (With Photos)
- 14 Nigerian celebs who are allegedly gays and lesbians – #5 was caught (With Photos)
- 7 Nigerian celebs you never knew are from Royal families – #3 & #4 are stinking rich but still humble (With Photos)
- 12 people Olamide helped to become rich & famous in Nigeria – #11 can kill for Olamide (With Pics)
- 7 facts about Simi and Adekunle Gold you didnt know – Too many secrets unveiled
- 11 female celebs whose broken marriages didn’t stop them from shining – #9 became stinking rich after divorce (With Photos)