Arsene Wenger, Arsenal manager says he had doubts over future. Wenger, who has been in charge of Arsenal for 21 years, is the longest serving manager in Europe. Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says he “hesitated” over signing a new contract last season because he doubted whether he was “capable of leading the club”.
Wenger agreed a two-year deal in May, a month before his contract expired. On French TV programme Telefoot, he said there were “personal reasons” behind the decision to delay extending his 21-year reign at the Gunners.
But he added: “I’ve been there for so long that you always wonder, can you still take the team to the next level?”
Arsenal finished fifth in the Premier League last season – the first time they have finished outside the top four since Wenger joined in 1996 – before beating Chelsea to win the FA Cup.
Wenger’s side began their new league campaign with a 4-3 victory at home to Leicester, before losing 1-0 at Stoke and 4-0 at Liverpool.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- The 6 physical features that men can’t resist in ladies – #4 and #5 will make even a billionaire lose control
- 12 people Olamide helped to become rich & famous in Nigeria – #11 can kill for Olamide (With Pics)
- 10 Nigerian actors who you never knew are lecturers in universities (With Pictures)
- Nigerian female celebrities that have done plastic surgeries (With Photos)
- Nigerian celebs that really don’t like themselves but pretend to – #7 could “kill themselves” (With Photos)
- 7 Nigerian celebs you never knew are from Royal families – #3 & #4 are stinking rich but still humble (With Photos)
- A-List Nigerian celebrities who married richer men – #5, #2 and #1 are regretting now (With Photos)