Bonang Matheba has relaunched her memoir, Bonang From A to B, weeks after her publishers recalled it following outrage over the editing. According to Timeslive, the South African OAP held a private book signing session at the Mall of Africa in Johannesburg. Copies of the new release shows the drastic changes she has made.
Recall that after fans took to social media to mock her for her mediocre prose, poor editing and factual errors, her bestie-turned-arch-enemy Somizi demanded that she remove his name from her book, his reason being that she did not get his consent before slandering him in the said book. The Idols judge said he had no problem with her mentioning him, however she lied against him and he refuses to ignore that.
See the old version:
At first Bonang Matheba gave them the middle finger.
“For the better part of five years, I have taken a back seat while others narrated what they sold to be my story on social media and traditional media. Never have I called them to desist or account for what they viewed as their truth,” she said. “Everyone has a right and responsibility to tell their story. Every account to life’s events is subject to individual interpretation. This is an account of my life, from my perspective and my truth,” she added.
But she did make the changes. She also removed the reference to an ex-boyfriend, Euphonik, whom she accused of physically abusing her.
See the new version:
Still, what do you think of her narrative style?
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- The 6 physical features that men can’t resist in ladies – #4 and #5 will make even a billionaire lose control
- Nigerian female celebrities that have done plastic surgeries (With Photos)
- 14 Nigerian celebs who are allegedly gays and lesbians – #5 was caught (With Photos)
- 7 Nigerian celebs you never knew are from Royal families – #3 & #4 are stinking rich but still humble (With Photos)
- 12 people Olamide helped to become rich & famous in Nigeria – #11 can kill for Olamide (With Pics)
- 7 facts about Simi and Adekunle Gold you didnt know – Too many secrets unveiled
- 11 female celebs whose broken marriages didn’t stop them from shining – #9 became stinking rich after divorce (With Photos)