President Buhari has just ordered the immediate evacuation of Nigerian students in Dominican Island in the wake of the destruction of Hurricane Maria. The Hurricane Maria, raged through the Caribbean including parts of the Dominican Republic with heavy rain and high winds as it passed off its east coast on Thursday. It was ranked a Category 4 storm. In a statement by the presidential spokesperson on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, he confirmed the President directive saying:
”President Buhari has ordered for immediate evacuation,’’ he simply affirmed.
“The President was deeply touched when he learnt that some of them escaped with nothing but the shirts on their backs. Following the directive, Ministry of Foreign Affairs has been on top of the situation. Nigerian missions in the region have been monitoring the situation. The ministry has assigned a senior official to travel for the purpose of issuing the stranded students, temporary travel permits,’’ he added.
”Using that, they will be moved to Brazil, where they don’t need visas for their onward evacuation to Nigeria.’’
The stranded Nigerian students are said to be medical students studying in Dominican Islands, with the hope of moving to the US and Europe for the completion of their medical degree programmes.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- The 6 physical features that men can’t resist in ladies – #4 and #5 will make even a billionaire lose control
- Nigerian female celebrities that have done plastic surgeries (With Photos)
- 14 Nigerian celebs who are allegedly gays and lesbians – #5 was caught (With Photos)
- 7 Nigerian celebs you never knew are from Royal families – #3 & #4 are stinking rich but still humble (With Photos)
- 12 people Olamide helped to become rich & famous in Nigeria – #11 can kill for Olamide (With Pics)
- 7 facts about Simi and Adekunle Gold you didnt know – Too many secrets unveiled
- 11 female celebs whose broken marriages didn’t stop them from shining – #9 became stinking rich after divorce (With Photos)