Sean “Diddy” Combs got his first job at age 12 delivering newspapers, nestling each delivery inside the screen door of every home instead of tossing it in the front yard. These days, he brings that same attention to detail with products like Ciroc vodka, DeLeon tequila and Aquahydrate water, involving himself in every aspect of the product down to the font of each logo.
- 5 hot female celebrities Odunlade Adekola has DATED – You won’t believe he was with #3 (With Pics)
- 10 insanely hot women Wizkid has DATED since he became a star – #3 & #5 will shock you (With Pictures)
- Check out these 11 strangest buildings you can find in Africa – I bet you won’t believe your eyes (With Pics)
- 10 Nigerian actresses who gained their fame through popular music videos – #4, #5 & #8 started their careers as video vixens
“I’ve always understood that if I give the customers my best and service them differently, whether music, clothing or vodka, I’ll get a return on my hard work,” he recently explained to Forbes. Earnings from those brands—plus proceeds from his Bad Boy Reunion Tour and selling a chunk of his Sean John clothing line for an estimated $70 million—puts Diddy atop the hip-hop heap once again with total pretax earnings of $130 million in the 12 months to June.
Drake, the world’s most-streamed artist over the past two years takes the No. 2 spot with $94 million. Despite his gaudy recorded music numbers, the Canadian emcee made the bulk of his bucks on the road during his wildly successful Boy Meets World Tour. He also earns millions for shilling Apple, Sprite and Nike. Jay-Z ranks third with earnings of $42 million, and there’s more on the way: this summer he signed a new pact with touring giant Live Nation that will pay him $200 million through the coming decade.
See full list below
1. Diddy – $130 million
2. Drake – $94 million
3. JAY Z – $42 million
4. Dr. Dre – $34.5 million
5. Chance the Rapper – $33 million