Comedian cum singer, MC Galaxy has revealed he hilariously discovered his talents through hunger. In an interview with Punch, the singer said he came to Lagos in a night bus, for a competition he failed to win. He said;
“I left Akwa Ibom for Lagos to hustle. Many people do not know that I was one of the first few Glo Rock and Roll ambassadors.
I was the Mr. Rock and Roll 2009. I was given N250,000 and that was the first time I ever had that huge sum of money. I wanted to run mad. I came from Akwa Ibom in a night bus to contest.
When I did the audition, I did not qualify, so I went back inside to meet the judges and I began to cry. I told them that they did not watch me well and I would love to dance again.
They gave me an opportunity to dance again and when I did, they laughed and picked me. That was how I won. I was a Glo ambassador for two years“
I started out as a dancer and before I knew it, I became a comedian. I discovered my talents through hunger; there is a level of hunger that one gets to and the person has no choice but to discover his talent.
I remember when I used to sleep in the club. After waking up early in the morning, I would wash the clothes I slept in so that I could resume work at the club,”
On how he feels about people questioning the source of his wealth, he said;
“People may want to question my source of wealth but they don’t know about the private shows that I do. Just because they don’t see me in all these big shows does not mean I am not working. As a matter of fact, who would pay you when you attend those big shows? You cannot see me there because I respect my business so much. I make my money myself.
“However, to be honest, Senator (Godswill) Akpabio is a good man. If you can gain access to him and ask him for money with a good reason, he would oblige you irrespective of where you are from.
It doesn’t mean that he carries money about; neither does it mean that he just doles out money anyhow. When I was doing my album launch last year, he was present and he supported me financially. He also advises a lot.”
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- 12 people Olamide helped to become rich & famous in Nigeria – #11 can kill for Olamide (With Pics)
- Nigerian celebs who are so rich but don’t flaunt their wealth on Social Media – #4 is the richest (With Pics)
- 12 things a girl does when she likes you already – If you notice #10, you got her bro!
- A-List Nigerian celebrities who married richer men – #5, #2 and #1 are regretting now (With Photos)
- 5 shocking scenes captured from student parties in Nigeria (+ Photos & Video)
- 16 Signs you may have HIV without knowing – if you notice #6, #12 or #14, please visit your doctor
- Meet 10 silent Nigerian billionaires you probably didn’t know about – #9 will give Dangote a run for his money (With Pics)