The U.S Government has said it does not consider the Indigenous People of Biafra a terrorist organisation, punchng reports. Last week, the Federal High Court in Abuja gave a judicial backing the executive order of Pres. Buhari, outlawing the group and its activities in the country. The court granted the order to proscribe the group on Wednesday.
It declared that the activities of the group constituted acts of terrorism. The FG also accused France and the United Kingdom of aiding IPOB activities. The spokesman for the American Embassy in Nigeria, Russell Brooks, however, told Punchng, on Friday, that the US government does not view IPOB as a terrorist group. He said this in response to an email which asked if the United States sees IPOB as a terrorist organisation. Brooks stated further that the US was committed to Nigeria’s unity and would support a peaceful resolution of any crisis in the country.
He said, “The United States Government is strongly committed to Nigeria’s unity. Important political and economic issues affecting the Nigerian people, such as the allocation of resources, are worthwhile topics for respectful debate in a democracy. Within the context of unity, we encourage all Nigerians to support a de-escalation of tensions and peaceful resolution of grievances. The Indigenous People of Biafra is not a terrorist organisation under US law.”
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- The 6 physical features that men can’t resist in ladies – #4 and #5 will make even a billionaire lose control
- Nigerian female celebrities that have done plastic surgeries (With Photos)
- 14 Nigerian celebs who are allegedly gays and lesbians – #5 was caught (With Photos)
- 7 Nigerian celebs you never knew are from Royal families – #3 & #4 are stinking rich but still humble (With Photos)
- 12 people Olamide helped to become rich & famous in Nigeria – #11 can kill for Olamide (With Pics)
- 7 facts about Simi and Adekunle Gold you didnt know – Too many secrets unveiled
- 11 female celebs whose broken marriages didn’t stop them from shining – #9 became stinking rich after divorce (With Photos)