The leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu has backed out of the mediation between his group and the South-East Governors. Nnamdi Kanu had earlier met the Governors and was supposed to be back at the Enugu Government House this Friday for a continuation of the dialogue but in a statement today, the IPOB leader said he is backing out of the meeting as his security was no longer guaranteed.
- Meet Dija’s husband, Rotimi and their son – See how they met, got married & other top facts you need to know about them (PHOTOS)
- Your wife was a sex slave in Lead City Uni – Yung6ix’s manager talks about Akpororo’s wife
- A-List Nigerian celebrities who married richer men – #5, #2 and #1 are regretting now (With Photos)
- The 6 physical features that men can’t resist in ladies – #4 and #5 will make even a billionaire lose control
The statement read:
Before now, prominent leaders and groups had insisted that I tow the line of peaceful dialogue and meet with the governors to find a lasting solution to our grievances. I conceded to that request which led to the 30th of August 2017 meeting with the South-East Governors Forum at the Government House in Enugu, in the company of the very eminent Prof. Ben Nwabueze and Evangelist Elliott Ugochukwu-Ukoh.
In view of the concerted effort by the oppressive Nigerian state to shatter the peace and tranquility of the South-East and the rest of Biafraland through military intimidation, it has become necessary for me to clarify why, regrettably, I may not be able to attend Friday’s meeting with the South-East governors as earlier agreed, for three main reasons.
1.) We are currently busy attending to our dead and injured from this latest round of unprovoked military onslaught against innocent civilians in our own land. All the casualties so far were shot by men of the Nigerian Army deployed to my house and those stationed along motor ways leading into Umuahia my hometown.
2.) I have been reliably informed also, that a detachment of this same soldier responsible for the murder of innocent unarmed IPOB family members have now been stationed near Enugu to ambush and assassinate me on my way to the meeting with the governors on Friday.
3.) On that same Friday the 15th of September 2017, the leadership of IPOB through the instrumentality of the Directorate of State (DOS) headquartered in Germany, will be meeting to vote on the viability or otherwise of continuing our struggle in this non-violent manner. There is urgent need to begin the process of defending ourselves in the face of relentless murderous attacks from the Nigerian state.
It is impossible to engage in any meaningful conversation with the governors in the midst of so much bloodshed, abductions and the military siege of our town and villages. Accordingly, we will not engage in any meeting with anybody until the atmosphere is conducive and peaceful enough to allow for such.
The siren-blaring military convoys and armoured vehicles occupying the entire region is not only designed to intimidate our people but also deliberately primed to scuttle the IPOB/South-East governors meeting of Friday 15th September.
I would like to use this opportunity to thank all men and women of good conscience from all over the world that have risen to condemn the barbaric slaughter of innocent Biafrans by the Nigerian military. Above all, I salute the steadfastness, devotion and total commitment to freedom from eternal slavery by the great IPOB family in Biafraland. I assure you that I remain resolute and dedicated to our shared vision of freedom regardless of the cost and visionless antics of the mindless oppressor.
We have since crossed the Red Sea and arrived at the shores of the promised land. We have our trumpets ready to begin the great march around the evil walls of Jericho, and I assure you that in no distant time, the walls of Jericho will come crashing down.
We can still hear the cries of Pharaoh and his horsemen as they are swallowed up by the Red Sea, chariots and all. Victory is ours! Victory is assured!!
Collaborators and agents of the oppressor are hereby advised to embark on self exile as there will be no hiding place for them.
Mazi Nnamdi Kanu
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- 12 things a girl does when she likes you already – If you notice #10, you got her bro!
- 5 Nigerian celebrities who secretly got married – #3 was even pregnant and no one knew (With Pics)
- 10 most powerful celebrities in Nigeria – The country shakes when these guys cough (With Pics)
- Nigerian female celebrities that have done plastic surgeries (With Photos)
- 12 people Olamide helped to become rich & famous in Nigeria – #11 can kill for Olamide (With Pics)
- 11 female celebs whose broken marriages didn’t stop them from shining – #9 became stinking rich after divorce (With Photos)
- Check out how Floyd Mayweather Jr spends his millions – His cars, his insane wristwatch collection, private jets, mansions & many more (With Pics)