The Super Eagles of Nigeria on Friday beat Cameroon 4-0 to consolidate their position at the top of Group B in the 2018 World Cup African qualifiers. A goal apiece from Odion Ighalo, Chelsea FC winger, Victor Moses; skipper Mikel Obi and substitute Kelechi Iheanacho ensured Nigeria grabbed the maximum three points at the Akwa Ibom Stadium in Uyo.
After a sluggish start, Ighalo put Nigeria ahead after receiving a fine pass from Mikel in the 28th minute. The China-based forward, however, got yellow-carded for taking off his jersey while celebrating. Mikel made it 2-0 in the 42nd when he latched onto a Victor Moses corner. Eleven minutes into the second half, Victor Moses combined with gangling winger Moses Simon before slotting home from inside the box.
Iheanacho, who came in for injured Ighalo, made it 4-0 when he nodded past goalkeeper Fabrice Ondo from Ogenyi Onasi assist in 77th minute. With the victory, Nigeria top Group B with nine points, while Cameroon have just two points from three matches.
Watch and download highlight below:
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- 12 things a girl does when she likes you already – If you notice #10, you got her bro!
- REVEALED! Top 5 most notorious criminals in Nigeria’s history – See How The Infamous Baddo Of Ikorodu Was Killed (With Pics)
- Top 10 richest and wealthiest neighbourhoods in Nigeria – #3 is in Abeokuta! (With Pics)
- A-List Nigerian celebrities who married richer men – #5, #2 and #1 are regretting now (With Photos)
- 15 most beautiful Actresses in the world – You won’t believe who #1 is (With Pictures)
- 15 Nigerian billionaires that own private Jets – Number 3 has up to five Aircrafts (With Pictures)
- 10 rappers who have made over a $100 million – #5 is already broke despite the fortunes he made (With Pics)