In order to address the problem of shortage of manpower in the force, the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Ibrahim Idris, has revealed that about 31 000 personnel will be recruited annually. He revealed this on Thursday during the official commissioning of the Nasarawa State new Police Headquarters in Lafia. The police boss explained that the action was deliberate towards addressing the challenges of inadequate manpower in the entire country. He said, “Apart from the problem of manpower, we would also do everything possible to provide logistics to all our command in the country.”
Idris, however, called on the members of the public to support the police by giving them useful information in order to police the country properly.
Earlier, Abubakar Sadiq-Bello, Commissioner of Police in Nasarawa State said inadequate of manpower and transfer of officers without a replacement was posing a serious security challenging in the state.
“Lack of adequate patrol vehicles and lack of communication equipment were some of the challenges facing them.”
He urged that if these challenges were addressed it would go a long way towards enhancing their capacities for better protection of lives and properties in the state.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- Ini Edo, Rita Dominic, Monalisa Chinda and others join Eucharia Anunobi to lay her son to rest (Photos)
- 12 things a girl does when she likes you already – If you notice #10, you got her bro!
- Nigerian female celebrities that have done plastic surgeries (With Photos)
- A-List Nigerian celebrities who married richer men – #5, #2 and #1 are regretting now (With Photos)
- 11 female celebs whose broken marriages didn’t stop them from shining – #9 became stinking rich after divorce (With Photos)
- Nigerian celebs who gave birth when they were young – See their children (With Photos)
- The 6 physical features that men can’t resist in ladies – #4 and #5 will make even a billionaire lose control